In this blog, I would like to discuss you about how to create a custom lightning page template or layout using SFDX.
Create Lightning component
Lightning component resides inside a lightning project so create a project and follow the below steps. If you are not aware of project creation then go through my blog.
- Create a lightning component in Visual Studio Code
- sfdx force:lightning:component:create -n <component name> -d <location>
- Modify the design page to show the custom attribute in the layout selection or page layout editor
Push Code into scratch Org
- Create a scratch org
- sfdx force:org:create -s -f config/project-scratch-def.json -a <alias name>
- List all connected orgs including scratch org with Visual Studio Code
- sfdx force:org:list –all
- finally, push the code into scratch org created
Create a page named My Bike in the Lightning App Builder.
- Go to setup –> Lightning App Builder -> New
- Select App Page in the options
- Then, fill the field with your Page name and click Next
- Select your custom or standard layout
- Our custom three column layout displayed under Custom section
- Then, Click Finish button to include the custom or standard component in the layout
- Click Save and Activate your page to the preferred profiles and apps
Each template component should implement only one template interface. Template components shouldn’t implement any other type of interface, such as
force:hasRecordId. A template component can’t multi-task as a regular Lightning component. It’s either a template, or it’s not.